Optical Converting Adapters connect different kinds of connector types ensuring a low connection loss. Because the ferrule OD's are the same, to connect MU Connectors with LC connectors is relatively easy. However, special techniques are required for connecting the connector in which ferrule OD's are different.
Converting Adapters for LC-SC and MU-SC type configurations are composed of special converting ferrules. These converting adapters are of high reliability, low insertion loss, and stable mating durability. The Converting Adapters can be taken apart by using a special tool specifically designed for these Adapters. The ferrules can then be cleaned of any dust or dirt that adhered to the adapters after multiple connector insertions.
All of our Optical Converting Adapters are composed of our own top quality Zirconia Ferrules and Split Sleeves ensuring stable performance at a high quality level.
Insertion Loss Distribution / Mating Repeatablility
- Telcordia GR-326-CORE test
- Insertion Loss: ≦0.2dB(LC-SC, MU-SC), ≦0.3dB(LC-MU, SC-FC)
- Return Loss: ≧50dB
- Operating Temperature: -40℃ - +85℃
- Temperature Stability: ≦0.3dB(-40℃ - +85℃)
- Mating Durability: ≦0.2dB(500 times)
- Achieving Low insertion loss by choosing specially customized ferrules
- Uniquely demountable feature for full cleaning (LC-SC, MU-SC Converting Adapter)
- Stable, reliable and repeatable (See graph above)
LC-SC Converting AdapterDimension: Millimeters
MU-SC Converting AdapterDimension: Millimeters
LC-MU Converting AdapterDimension: Millimeters