Optical Fiber Current Sensors (OCS) utilizing the Faraday Effect are used to measure AC power current. The
OCS unit is a compact, lightweight, easy to install device with high insulation properties which are immune
from electromagnetic noise. The OCS is capable of measuring large currents at high-speed response times for
long distance signal transmissions. The OCS can be utilized in various ﬁelds such as electric power plants,
cars, and railways. The OCS assembly consists of our polishing, optical thin ﬁlm, and precise assembling
technologies and processes.
- 1. Compact, lightweight, and non-insulating
- The sensing element used is optical fiber which makes the OCS compact, lightweight, and non-insulating.
- 2.Easy to install
- Installation to existing electric equipment is easy. The OCS does not require the need to cut electric
wire because it consists of a reflective type optical circuit and the measurement location point can
- 3.Immunity from electromagnetic
- OCS is immune to electromagnetic noise, because all parts except for the electronic circuit consist of
- 4.Measurement of large current
- Measurement of large current is possible, because the OCS unit does not need the use of iron cores which
cause magnetic saturation.
- 5.High-speed response
- OCS detects and transmits current by using optics and due to this advantage, the response for high-speed
sensing is more efficient than conventional current sensors.
- 6.Long distance signal transmission
- Long distance signal transmission is possible because waveform distortion and transmission loss are low.
|Electric power field
||Portable type measurement device for large current. Current monitor for underground distribution
cable lines.Fault section sensing and locating system. Fault point locating system.Protective relaying
systems. Electric power metering device for purchasing.
||Inverter harmonic current measurement.
||Current waveform measurement for Motor, Capacitor, Inverter and IGBT.
||Current measurement for induction heater current, Refinement, Laser, Electron Beam, Welding machine,
|Aviation / Vessel
||Wire harness insulation deterioration diagnosis.
||Waveform measurement of impulse current such as Lightning current, Superconductive current
||AC100V〜250V, 50Hz or 60Hz
||”Numeric display” and “Analog voltage output”
|Operating temp, range
||W180mm x D308mm x H50mm
||Reflective Type Sensor Probe
||LBF: Low Birefringence Fiber
|Maximum Measurable Current
||100kA (100kA Max.)
|Sensor Fiber Length
||5 meters or less
|Transmission Fiber Length
||10 meters or less
|Operating temp, range