What is Sapphire?
Sapphire (α-Al2O3) is widely used in many fields for its excellent characteristics, in particular chemical resistance, thermal conductivity, hardness, transparency. Orbray grows single crystal sapphire by EFG method, by which different cross-section forms can be obtained.
Characteristics of Single Crystal Sapphire
- abrasion resistance
- in the range from ultraviolet to infrared light (200∼7000nm)
- Chemical resistance and heat resistance
- resist almost all kinds of acid and alkaline, heat up ∼2000°C
- Suitable for the application of insulation property required.
Single Crystal Sapphire Growth
Orbray produces single crystal sapphire in any desired section shape by EFG Method.
(Edge-defined Film-fed Growth Method)
Characteristics of EFG Method
- Growth of sapphire wafers with large diameter
- Controllability of crystal orientation
Crystal Shape after pull-up
|C Axis in
|Offer any desired sectional shape.
|C Axis in
Sapphire Products of Orbray
*If you cannot find the contact form, please click here.