The high Young's Modulus of sapphire produces clear, realistic sound.
What is a Cartridge Spacer?
Cartridge spacers are used to adjust the total weight of the headshell and the height of the stylus point, as well as to reduce vibrations. Using a cartridge spacer results in a much cleaner sound, as it prevents vibrations received by the record player from being transmitted through the tonearm to the cartridge. Cartridge spacers made of cloth, wood, resin, metal, ceramics and other materials are available on the market, but Orbray has produced the world's first sapphire cartridge spacer. By using such a hard material with a high Young's modulus, it is possible to block excess vibration and faithfully reproduce a clear and realistic sound.
Though sapphire is a very hard crystal, it also chips easily. Even if the thickness is reduced by just 0.1 mm, cracks from processing become very visible. Orbray's vast processing know-how, such as in grinding and polishing technologies, has allowed us to resolve these issues and provide flawless products.
With the help of a sound professional and extensive audio testing, the thickness of the cartridge spacer has been precision-finished to create a pleasing and well-balanced sound.
We had serious record enthusiasts try out our products.
- I can hear the crispness of the guitar.
- With all of the noise gone, the sound is clear, and you can really appreciate the depth of the music.
- There are no idiosyncrasies.
- The bass part is crisp and clear.
- Even when it is too effective, the sound is still very satisfactory.
For more detail, please check STEREO DECEMBER,2020 (JAPANESE), Audio Accessory SPRING 2021 vol. 180 (JAPANESE), Analog SPRING 2021 Vol. 71 (JAPANESE)
How to Use Cartridge Spacers
Insert the cartridge spacer between the cartridge and the headshell, and fasten with a screw.
- : ORSONIC
- Product name
- : Cartridge spacer
- Model No.
- : OS-201
Made in Japan
- : Single crystal sapphire
- : Height 16mm, width 16mm,
Thickness 0.4 mm
- : 0.4g
- Load capacity
- : 5kg
- Strong, sudden impacts may chip or damage the stabilizer.
- Damage to the stabilizer under any usage conditions is not covered by the warranty.
- Keep out of reach of children to avoid accidental ingestion or other injury.
- Damaged product should not be handled with bare hands as it may cause injury.
ORSONIC Cartridge Spacer OS-201
International shipping: USD65 (tax and customs/duty not included)
- For current availability of products, please email us.
- For shipping and returns, please refer to the Act on Specified Commercial Transactions